Friday, March 30, 2012

Role

hi,
The issue for using a role is everytime if I create a new stored
procedure/view/table/udf, I need to go to the role and grant permissions for
that new role.
Am I right?
EdIf all the users in the role need to execute the stored procedure, then yes,
you will have to grant the EXECUTE previleges to the role. You can do this
with a simple GRANT statement like:
GRANT EXECUTE ON usp TO public
where usp is the procedure & public is the role.
Anith|||Thanks for your answer, that helps...
I am thinking in the Production Server, we don't want to grant Execute
permission to the uers, right?
"Anith Sen" wrote:

> If all the users in the role need to execute the stored procedure, then ye
s,
> you will have to grant the EXECUTE previleges to the role. You can do this
> with a simple GRANT statement like:
> GRANT EXECUTE ON usp TO public
> where usp is the procedure & public is the role.
> --
> Anith
>
>|||>> I am thinking in the Production Server, we don't want to grant Execute
I am not sure if I follow you. Stored procedures are meant to be executed by
database users. Without execute permission, regular database users cannot
run any procedures which they do not own.
Btw, I used public as an example in my previous post, all users belong to
public role by default.
Anithsql

No comments:

Post a Comment