Friday, March 30, 2012

Role Assignment Group Question

My home folder gives Everyone access to the Browser role. Then I have a
Test folder that contains a Test Report.
I created a TestUser and added them to a TestGroup.
The problem is that the TestUser cannot see my TestReport.
I removed Everyone from the TestReport. TestFolder still has Everyone as a
Browser role assignment. Then I added in my TestGroup, which TestUser is
a part of. I can't figure out why my TestUser can't see the report.
Of course if I leave Everyone on the TestReport then the TestUser can see
it, or if I add the TestUser individually to the Browser role, then he
can see the report. I tried adding both domain\TestGroup and TestGroup
by itself for a role assignment and neither worked.
Does anyone have any ideas?
-RandyIt appears that there might be a bug. It seems to work as documented when
using groups with no spaces in the name. When a group name contains a
space, I haven't been able to get reporting services to recognise the
group.
-Randy
"Randy" <randyvATitolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:eTr6gezbEHA.2388@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> My home folder gives Everyone access to the Browser role. Then I have a
> Test folder that contains a Test Report.
> I created a TestUser and added them to a TestGroup.
> The problem is that the TestUser cannot see my TestReport.
> I removed Everyone from the TestReport. TestFolder still has Everyone as
a
> Browser role assignment. Then I added in my TestGroup, which TestUser
is
> a part of. I can't figure out why my TestUser can't see the report.
> Of course if I leave Everyone on the TestReport then the TestUser can see
> it, or if I add the TestUser individually to the Browser role, then he
> can see the report. I tried adding both domain\TestGroup and
TestGroup
> by itself for a role assignment and neither worked.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> -Randy
>

No comments:

Post a Comment