Friday, March 30, 2012

role not restricting as expected

On my Analysis Server, I had a user set up in the server role. I then added her to a role on one of my cubes restricting her by attribute on a certain dimension. The restriction did not take place since she was part of the server role.

I then removed her from the server role, and she is still seeing everything. The restriction is not taking place! I have duplicated these same actions for a different user, and the restrictions take place properly. I can also browse using the role (instead of the user), and the restrictions take place as expected.

Is there somewhere else (besides the server role setting) where something can be set giving a user "all-seeing rights"?

Also, is there a way to display the rights any given user has?Is she machine administrator ? Or perhaps member of database role with administrative permissions over the database ?|||It doesn't look like she had admin permissions on the db. I can't tell if she's a machine admin, but I assume that she it not. If you're a machine admin does that really give you rights to all the data in the cube?|||Yes - by default being machine admin also makes you a server admin. It is possible to turn this default behavior off however.

No comments:

Post a Comment