Friday, March 30, 2012

role is not working

Hi,

I have done 2 roles in my analysis services project. one can see all (Role1) and the other can see only a portion of the dimension data (Role2). i tested these in analysis services browser using the Change User > Roles. They're both working ok. I tried the Change User > Current User. Supposedly, since I assigned my domain name in Role 2, I should be able to see only a portion of the data. But then, I could still see all. I also tried calling my cube from excel. Still, I could see everything..

Have I missed to set anything for this to work? Before I tested, I had processed the whole project...

cherriesh

You are probably also a server administrator if you are creating roles. Security is not applied to server administrators (you could give yourself any rights anyway). Try testing the role with a different account.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment