Friday, March 30, 2012

Role - Read access - Analysis Services 2005

After giving some users read access to the cube, by using a readonly role -
The [Measures] are displayed with #N/A (#I/T in danish ? ).

Everything else seems to work fine - There is access to the database and all
dimensions. I tried the test cube security button and it work fine, but from
Excel the measures is not displayed correctly. Excel is showing the measures for users with Administrator privilege.

Best regards,

Ejnar Jakobsgaard
TDC Denmark

Hi

I am currently using the ProClarity tool to access the data from the analysis services 2005 - even I am facing the same problem of getting #N/A as values for the measures. I have provided the read only access to the users at the cube and dimension level and it doesn't work - Do have any solution?

Regards,

Narayan Indran

|||

Hi Narayan

Have a look at your "Cell Data" Filters , these should all be ampty. Only use MDX expressions in "Dimension Data" filtering.

That worked for me

Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment