Friday, March 30, 2012

ROLAP storage and data source impersonation

Hi,

I created a cube with ROLAP storage mode (no proactive caching). My data source impersonation is setup to use the credentials of the current user b/c I want to leverage the object level permission setup in the relational DB object. The expected result is returned when a TSQL statement is executed, however, the cell returned "#Error" when a MDX query is executed. I turned on Profiler but no TSQL statement is executed as a result of the MDX query. If I change the impersonation to use the service account, I can see the TSQL statement in Profiler when I execute the MDX query. But the login id is the service account and the desired relational DB object permission is not applied.

The other challenge is cube processing is not possible when impersonation is not set to service account. Is there a way to get the best of both world - ability to process the cube and pass user credential from the MDX query to the TSQL query?

Thanks.

It is not possible to use ImpersonateCurrentUser for neither cube processing nor ROLAP queries. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment