Friday, March 30, 2012

Role for access just information schema.

Which db fixes roles can I use to give a user permission to see all table
information but not the data itself ?
The db_datareader can select on everything, that's not what I want ! I want
to give access just to table information also, give access to the list of
logins and database users.
All readonly mode without seeing data.
Can anybody help on this ?
Thanks in advance,I just did a test that took me about 3 minutes. I added a login named
"test". I then added him as user to a db. No perimssions to do anything and
no roles involved. Just a user. I logged in as him. He can run sp_help, see
logins, and see db users. Am I not understanding your question correctly?
"Tim Conner" <timconner@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#99Z6kPaDHA.1832@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Which db fixes roles can I use to give a user permission to see all table
> information but not the data itself ?
> The db_datareader can select on everything, that's not what I want ! I
want
> to give access just to table information also, give access to the list of
> logins and database users.
> All readonly mode without seeing data.
> Can anybody help on this ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment